We Plug 2 You... CLR - Bars Attack

Hey, I am relatively new here although I've been on the team for a while. So yeah, I would like to be referred to as Fhanthom (and dont ask why?!)

Today I will be plugging to you an artist by the name of CLR (real name Christopher Thompson). Born in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, CLR is the last of five children and as a child he was exposed to alot of things that were a little bit too mature for him, but that notwithstanding he decided at a tender age to make the most of his God given talent. He grew up listening to all types of genres, from opera to rock, RnB to Funk, you name it!? He loves music in whichever form, which in turn is reflected in his music.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of Rap music but I feel this dude has alot of things that Rap music has been missing. I like his delivery, he sounds like someone that really loves what he does and is eager to make it in the music industry!


CLR grew up in the lower middle class of the south east of the Grand rapids, so you can expect to hear that struggle in his music. This next song is the type of song you want to listen to when you need to bop to an inspiring track, its called 'The Strong' and to be honest the delivery matches the message. It took me only a few minutes to appreciate the message, and trust me I dont think many people will find this boring. On this track, CLR makes the maximum use of the beat, credit to the producer.


This next track is the current single from his mixtape 'Bar Attack' and its called 'Fortune and Fame'. By the name, you should know what it is about... Everyone who has experienced struggle of some sort should be able to relate to this one. Again this track comes from the heart, exactly how music should be made. 'Fortune and Fame', some of us seek for one of the two or even both but CLR has signalled his intention and voiced his opinions... Enjoy!! Fortune and fame


The last track I will be plugging from the mixtape is titled "Good Bye City". This to me, is my victory track, the type you sing when you are remembering the past and all that... CLR sings "Good bye city I'd be gone forever, I had to move away to make my life a little better". You know the way you felt when you passed that your final college/university exam and you are like YES!!! Yeah, that feeling. This song kinda illustrates a man's transition from a bad situation to a better one. Listen!!!!


Well, thats all about CLR! Be sure to Download the mixtape right below


Thank you

Fhanthom

1 comment:

  1. Michigan REPRESENTING #standup ....really good stuff from CLR

    Nice one Fhantom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...