We PLuG 2 You... The Investment!!!

For the last couple features, we've been keepin our UK & American audiences real sweet with some G.O.O.D.M.U.S.I.C from Drake, Bashy & Skepta... SO we just thought it'd be only right to take it back to the motherland with this week's feature...

Ok so I've known about this here feature artiste for a very loong minute now (since 2003 or sufin) & I'm not even gonna lie, I haven't always been a fan. I dunno what it was but I just always preferred my homegirl Sash P & last year when I sent 'thismetalchic' the instrumentals to Gigg's 'talkin your hardest' to get some 9JA emcees 2 jump on it (Yup that was us too lol!) & she told me she was gettin Kel involved wiv the project, I was rather skeptical but what I heard completely destroyed any concerns I had about 'NaiJa's Poster Child of Rap', Kel's ability as an emcee... Let's listen after the jump (look out 4 her @ 0.49)


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
Anyway her debut album is finally upon us... Kel releases 'The Investment' under the Capital Hill Music imprint in a couple weeks!!! The 19-track L.P which is virtually all produced by Tha Suspect (remember him? Teeto C'Mos's 'Oshamo'?) features some of Nigeria's big hitters such as Dare Art-Alade, Shank, Alaye, Waje & Durella & is being touted in various circles as a HELL-OF-ALOT!!!

& You already know right here on 'We Plug G.O.O.D Music', we do things very differently to other folk out there SO two weeks ago when everywhere on the internet & local Nigerian radio were inundated with 'Too Fine' (featuring Alaye & May D), the promo single for 'The Investment', we wanted to introduce Kel to you on quite a different tip... Here a few EXCLUSIVE album cuts from the L.P for y'all 2 rock wiv... Why don't we call it a sneak-peek preview!


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
Whatchu jus heard is titled 'Love' & it features Mr. Incredible himself, M.I & the amazing voice of OC & it's produced by Tha Suspect. This right here is my fav track off the L.P... OC on the hook is jus heavenly, I cannot get over how good he sounds... M.I does his thing as per usual... home-girl Kel is the business on this record & all in all, its jus a beautiful thing! Did I hear you say 'CLASSIC S**T'? Yup I think so too!!! People talk bout the chemistry between Kel & Tha Suspect but I reckon her & M.I are sufin like 9Ja's Jean Grae & Talib or Foxy & Jay (insert your fav emcee/femcee chemistry here lol)... & if you're thinking 'they dunno what they're on about!', listen to this other collabo right after the jump...


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
That there was the theme song for last month's 'Hip Hop World Awards 2009' titled 'How Much Do You Want It' featuring Banky W on the hook with M.I & Kel trading very capable verses back & forth. Production on this was courtesy Banky & Eldee the Don... What do you think bout the track? Me personally, I love it + 9Ja's Bonnie & Clyde or what??? & The Kemi Adetiba directed video 4 the record is very very creative, check that HERE!!!

Anyway let's get back to 'The Investment', where the hell are my manners? Another exclusive cut right off the L.P after the jump (Don't say we don't take care of you now!)


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
Ok I love off the singing on this one! Its by SLK on another 'Tha Suspect' produced effort called 'Boy Meets Girl', funny how I haven't heard bout SLK until now because I'm very very impressed wiv her voice... I mean jus listen 2 the adlibing alone, it's pure quality! & homeboi Suspect brings that eerie kinda feeling on the decks, it's soft, its gentle, subtle when it needs 2 be... it works & apparently Kel in story-telling mode is the business SO what do you think about this record??? Your two pence here...

So ladies & gentlemen, put this on your To-Do List and the day 'The Investment' hits the shelves (from early and all), make sure you actively seek it out in your local record store or more specifically, your friendly road-side C.D seller on your way 2 work, uni or wherever else the day carries you too... & for our international audience, 'The Investment' will be available on all major internet retailers as well so make sure you go & buy this L.P... From what we've so far heard plus... Kel's Summer 2008 smash hit 'Waa Waa Alright' featuring Skin, the single's B-side, 'Beautiful Life' (the record starts @ 0.55 ok & you can check out pics from the soon 2 be released video HERE) also appear on 'The Investment', I think this album is gonna be quite the listen! I'll definitely be coppin mine as soon as it drops, Standard!!!

We leave you with the next single (the street single lol) off of 'The Investment', it's titled 'Turn By Turn' & it features Wizkid & YQ with production from J. Martins... Let's listen!


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
... Now I call this record 'Marmite' cos there's only two ways it can go! you can either jus detest it (like my cousin Remi lol! He goes 'so what the hell is "tinini tanana" then?', I jus laugh cos I dunno either lol!!!) OR you could love it off, which I'm sure the 'blue collar worker' demographic that I reckon is the target audience for this record, will do... & I must admit, this song brings out the 'Proper Eko (Lagos)' in me... It's catchy as f**k... YQ smacked it on the verses(I love the bit where he goes 'now I get many many land for VGC...', & incase you didn't get it, that there is the come-up in this grand hustle!) let's be honest & asides from that 'tinini tanana' bit, the chorus gets you singing along... 'dem say I no go blow, leave me alone oh'!!!... It's not tryin 2 be mainstream , secular or conform 2 the world, its real Lagos street music at its very best & Kel comes HARD on the verses, I think I enjoy her more on this record than any other we've featured on We Plug GOOD Music...

Soo there you have it ladies & gentlemen, from what we've heard, I reckon it'd be safe to say that Kel's debut offering 'The Investment' is something worth going out & buying... we'll be posting links 2 the album when it drops for our European & American audiences (look out 4 it regardless!) BUT to our 9Ja massive, you know what to do already... In a lil while now, the streets will be flooded wiv 'The Investment' (I hear Capital Hill Music are ODT wiv their business so there'll be no problems there), make sure you get this album cos it's got the 'We PLug G.O.O.D Music' co-sign all over it PLUS you gotta support your 9JA artistes you get me!!!

Until the Next Time...

It's Kel... It's NEW... It's The Investment!


21 comments:

  1. first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    kelly kel! can't wait for the whole 'investment' album to finally drop....turn by turn is awesome too!!!
    tha suspect sure makes good beatz

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh loves the track with Oc on it Ayo u were right dont have these tracks ur off the hook he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. now Kel is taking OVER....she has found the umph!!!...she has it in place now...swag, the umph, skills....luvly! :D

    waiting 4 d whole album!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn! talking the hardest reverberates..
    Ahnnn...I flipped it on repeat...
    she is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love turn by turn..This is my feel good track...YQ..constant K..always on point, whizkid is coming up hard and quick...
    j martins surprised me...Good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dante... Glad you're feelin the tunes! Make sure you get the album when it drops you know, its guaranteed to be a whole LOT! P.S that version of talkin the hardest really impressed me when I 1st heard it!

    @ Neefemi... STANDARD! Thank you x

    @ Lati... the swag, the umph, the skills! I like that there... do come back and tell us how you enjoy the album btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ MightyMouse... OC is a beast on that record! Completely owned that hook! & why thank you for the large up lol!

    @ Flygirl... Tha Suspect is really on his ting boi! Thanks for comin thru, showin us luv x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like you know and we know...music lives in naija!! this is personal so it took me bn extra objective to listen to this album. i have listened to the album and i can tell you that KELLY KEL...the blueblooded poster child of rap has come of age and that isnt personal at all...she worked hard and she has redefined what female MCs shld represent!! cha bruv!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. one more thing.....well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its all said - Kels? Great.....
    Love the songs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I deserve some credit here cos I definitely told you she was on her way with the 'talking the hardest' session. Big ups! Naija femcees are really stepping up their game. Would that be OC as in Okechukwu Ukeje on the hook of the 'love' track? Sounds like him. Loving it even more! You already know how I feel about the 'how much do you want it track'. Absolute fire from my absolute Naija faves! And the video? Don't get me started. Good job all around tho.

    BTW, may I suggest a feature on Banky W. The guy is gold if you ask me, but then again I just may be biased...lol. I think he's worth it even if he's not that new to the scene. Use your inside connect to get us The W Experience before it hits the streets. The singles already out there already (Lagos Party and Strong Thing) are maaaaad if you ask me. My 2 cents...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ djpg... still tryna figure who this is (lol) but yeah she did step up on that dub still and yes thats the same OC on the hook of 'love', straight fyre!!! (kinda have an idea of who you are but alas) and we were gonna try and get some exclusive early tunes from The W Experience but you know how these industry politics go (they cant be futuristic with their marketing)... we'll do a feature when it eventually comes out though... Thanks for comin thru and blessin us wiv your comments x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Trin... thank you 4 checkin us out again! we appreciate the kind words x

    @ Sapphire Chic... thank you hun! hope we'll all like the rest of the album when we hear it... well all other femcees have something to prove after what I've heard in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  15. LUVIN THE ONE WITH M.I, DONT KNOW ABOUT TURN BY TURN THOUGH, I'LL SIDE WITH YOUR COUSIN ON THAT ONE!

    GOOD FEATURE, YOU SOLD HER ALBUM RIGHT. I'LL DEFO GO COP IT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oyin Means Honey O19 June 2009 at 21:37

    You kno love is one of dem summer tunes like kelly n nelly song..dilenma i think (even tho i hate tht song) but it's kinda nice stil
    was Kel the one whu sang put your lighters in the air on MI's album?
    cos i was like woah tht chick is sik...but yh she's kl actually..!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...tra la la la la...
    i just keep skipping & humming cos 'The Investment' is too sick & it drops on monday yaaayyy!!! Love is just an absolutely beautiful track & as you said OC totally owned that hook... I also love Boy Meets Girl..where the hall has SLK been? it's such an easy song to listen to. Don't even get me started on Turn By Turn..it's like the ultimate street hop song..& it's a song i totally see my self dancing too ;o)..
    Kel is too mahhhddddd!!!..but I've know that for a while so I'm not surprised :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Honey O... nah i jus found out that the femcee on there is Blaise, we might need 2 go find her if you're givin her a co-sing? bUT YEAH kEL & M.I on love is really BIG... glad you came thru x

    @ Misz... safe 4 the comments. Seems as though you've said it all! We jus need 2 wait 2 listen 2 the whole album to make it official!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kel is on point with this abeg!!! Haters all fall back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. KEL IS FAM!!! I WATCHED HER GROW AS AN MC !!!! HOLD IT DOWN KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...