We Plug 2 Y.O.U... Shadez The Futuristic MisFit

Firstly I feel an apology is due... 'Where the hell have I been?', You ask & 'Oh I dunno! Jus been around?', IS all I got! I do apologise though...

BUT without wasting too much time @ 'HELLO' (cos let's face it, we're all here for the music), allow me to introduce you to a UK artiste I stumbled into back in July if memory serves me right... He is very different to what you would ordinarily be used to & that's only one of the reasons I very much like this artiste... Think N*E*R*D, Think Gym Class Heroes, Think Flying Lotus, Think a lil bit of Atmosphere (only a lil bit though)... I want you to think Indie/Electro/Hip-Hop laced with real-life, cleverly-laced & thought-provoking lyrics... I want you to think New Age... I want you to think... BUT I also need you to prepare your ears!


Electronic Press Kit
Quantcast
Pleas permit me to claw you back from that 3-minute EarGasm! I did say 'Prepare your Ears' (& you know I don't use words flippantly lol)... What you just heard is titled 'FastLane Dame' by 19-year old South Londoner, SHADEZ who is also a fashion designer for BAPE, Converse & 'ASK YOUR GIRL' Clothing. The Front-man for The San Sherifs' who is set to release his debut solo EP 'Shadez: The Futuristic Misfit' (sounds like a 3010 Super-Hero Animation film, doesn't it?) describes his sound as Urban/Indie/Retro as well as Electro-tinted & Futuristic AND we LOVE it! We find it futile trying to decipher all the sounds our ears are hearing on 'FastLane Dame' but we CANNOT keep still & our head is bopping all over the place to this one! OUR VERDICT? This is a HUGE record! Shadez is definitely FuturistiC with it!

First thoughts? BE HONEST lol!

Let's jump into some more Music from the Futuristic Misfit...


standalone player
Quantcast
Here's a record titled 'Stuck In Between' and we culled this one from his live performance at The Cordless Show which you can check out HERE (Fastlane Dame comes in @ 1.43minutes so pay it NO mind lol)... As you already know, I'm a sucker for organic LIVE music and this record does it so much for me! These (heavily synthesized) instruments... Lead guitar, keys & drums all fuse together to compliment Shadez lazy but comfortable flow & catchy lyrics to create this ridiculously amazing musical experience, with the bass guitar giving the music that added life it needs just at the right moments... This is Beautiful Music is all I'm saying...

Some more Shadez after the JUMP!!!


Digital Press Kits
Quantcast
& that which you have just heard is a collaborative effort with fellow Hip-Hopper & Cordless-Show Alumni, the very talented Kay Young on another Electro Head-Banger titled 'Dough'... Shadez completely owns this record IMO and the way he rides the beats on this one is impeccable! He brings that mid-temp effortless flow to this fast-paced & thumping record and he makes it work... His name is SHADEZ & you should take NOTE!

SO tell me ladies & gentlemen... what do you think of this fella Shadez... We Plug GOOD Music thinks he is the truth! & We CANNOT wait to listen to the E.P! With a name as captivating as 'The Futuristic Misfit' and records such as 'Stuck InBetween' & 'FastLane Dame' that we've just heard, I think it'd be safe to say that it's gonna be a brilliant body of work...

Until the Next Time...

You've just been introduced to Shadez... The Futuristic Misfit!!!

3 comments:

  1. SW12 SOUTHSIDE RYDER16 November 2009 at 13:02

    BigMan Ting keep at it fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it actually - very unusual, very loud too - always preferred the simpleness in music - but i actually appreciate what he does it - keep it up men

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very loud and unusual, indeed! Something else you all would like is “Go Harder” by Future. It is brand new, and you can find the lyric video here, http://bit.ly/rIn9l0 . Also add it to your Spotify account or get it on iTunes here, http://bit.ly/vTIquf .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...