Another Quick ONE!!!

So I dunno if you've noticed it too but I've been suspecting a pattern to the recent 'We Plug G.O.O.D Music' features and I spotted it while I was puttin together this latest blog... All of the music we showcase on each of our features literally span the globe... from the U.S 2 Africa and back to the U.K! While it's certainly not been intentional, it does go to show the GLOBAL appeal & reach of the 'We Plug G.O.O.D Music' movement!

... And like we always do it, let's get stuck right into the G.O.O.D.M.U.S.I.C!!!

The 'quintessential male R&B artiste' is somewhat of a rare/almost extinct phenomena in the U.K these days & has been for a while now I might add... YES we all know Craig David came thru & crushed the building BUT to be fair, dude went a bit more Capital Radio than Choice FM with those last two albums! C.D is still that dude though and for successful U.K R&B, he's undoubtedly one of the very few benchmarks... I definitely give nuff ratings to Jay Sean (he looks closest to breakin that ever elusive U.S market at the mo') & Nathan, Taio Cruz, Darren B & Lemar all rep their corners majorly BUT in Autumn of 2007, THIS REPLY to T2 & Jodie's 'Heartbroken' started gettin serious play everywhere and I was like 'who's this brova anyway?'

Well 'that brova anyway' was/is Soundbwoy Entertainment's 18year-old singer/song-writer from North London, Young Nate and he burst on the scene properly with this 'UKG sounding' stellar effort that had production oozing with the Soundbwoy signature... Lets listen!


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
& he even managed to get 08' MOBO Award winner, Chipmunk to jump on the radio cut remix generating over a hundred thousand views on youtube alone & constant rotation on Choice FM, 1 Xtra and cross-over radio station, Kiss FM... & I know you're liking that still but the real reason I'm featuring Young Nate on 'We Plug G.O.O.D Music' is this right here...


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
U-U-U-UKKKKK!!! What you jus heard is called 'I Wonder' (The colossal Wretch 32 graces the REMIX & its so heeaavvyyy yo!!!) and its official release date is May 11th and its the second single (at the back of 'Mixed Messages') of the forthcoming debut E.P, 'A Piece of Me' which is to be released this summer and after he KILLED IT at a rammed out O2 arena as the opening act for Bad Boy Record's Day 26 & Donnie Klang back in February, this kid is definitely the FUTURE!

DO you Like? Tell me... Tell me... Tell me!!!

So straight from an 18year-old British singing sensation that's about 2 BLOW, we're gonna take you over 2 Africa where another 18year-old (see what I did there lol) emcee is sounding like he's ready to get his 'shine' on all over the hip-hop circuits. He showed up @ last year's Nigezie Tru Search in Nigeria & WON in the North-Central region of the competition... & in ways that only we can, we've got a couple exclusive records! Ladies & Gentlemen, I Plug 2 Y.O.U... Skales!


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
This right here is called 'Feel the Music' and I must say that I quite like the tune! First of all, it's one of them musical records & you know how I get with them ones! The production is simplistic wiv its soft instruments and it just works... this record is one of em ones that'll sound sooo good liive... I see a live band going nuts wiv it and the fella on the hook? He sounds quite G.O.O.D to be honest and as for the emcee? Well he's good too! His flow is on point & he's very easy on the ear which is good but his delivery is patchy at times & them lyrics aren't anything special! However he's only 18 & if he sounds like this now, in a couple years & with the right opportunities to hone his craft, he'll definitely be BIG...

This next one is rather boldly titled 'Heading For A Grammy'


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
NOW I cannot get this tune outta my head... I been goin 'headin 4 a grammy, one man army' over & over for a whole week lol! Part of it, I think, has to do with the production on the record! the thumping beats are that G.O.O.D head bumping kind that we love and what did I tell you about the flow? Dude can switch up his style to go all energetic on a ridiculous beat like this and still go all gentle when he needs to, like on 'Feel The Music'. & did you notice the backing vocals on the second verse? I thought that was brilliant, it adds that haunting feel to the song. It sounds very much like a fight song and I suppose that moniker fits right in as Skales tells us he's literally gonna go tooth & nail to bring that Grammy back home... We wish him all the best & we'll be sure not to stand in his way!

BUT this is where I have qualms with his management team.... For a brova who's heading for a grammy? NO myspace? NO website? No reach? NO presence? Come on guys, what are you playing at?

ANyway ladies & gentlemen, what do we think of Skales???

Soo if the pattern we suspect is true, we'll have one more artiste 2 feature and they'll be from the states, if the pattern exists though???

Cue in 23year-old Nigerian Born, ATL based R&B recording artiste (honest to God, its all a coincidence), Keno Kenett or jus Keno for short (lol)... Describing his style as inspired by Blues, Jazz & Afro-Beat with influences to include Etta James, Donna Hathaway, Nina Simone & Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, what you get from this 8 year veteran is NO games... No gimmicks... just his voice in its true form and that's where he says the music lies. You would be permitted to expect ALOT from this airy falsetto singing ladies man, cos I know I do!

We got first dibbs on a couple records from his upcoming album (we think its gonna be called Love Drunk but we're NOT sure) & your opinions are very much needed and appreciated... First off is what might be the first single of the L.P, its called 'Selfish 24/7'.


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
Wow!!! He says he's got enough soul for an eternity & after hearing that, how can we doubt the kid... I know I'm always harboring on about how 'musical' certain records are & I hope you get what I'm on about BUT you can't fault this record, the production is so on point giving it that summer-in-your-'top-down'-riding-slow feel to it... the gentle lyrics & the dude's voice jus add to the GOOD MUSIC that is 'Selfish 24/7', although the talking at the end there could have been avoided in my opinion.

And to ride this listening party to the end, Keno laced us with an uncompleted version of another top tune from the album, it's called 'Never Gonna Stop' and the completed version is supposed to have a female emcee somewhere in there and the beats jus need to be tweaked a lil more but its sounding quite CRISP already... Aww where are my manners? Listen and let's continue this conversation in about 4minutes!


We%20Plug%20G.O.O.D%20Music
Quantcast
Like I was saying ladies & gentlemen... Real G.O.O.D Music right here or what do you reckon??? Your feedback is especially welcomed by Mr. Kenett himself and you know I always love the conversations!

And that's it folks from 'We Plug G.O.O.D Music' at the moment... all of your feedback and comments are much appreciated, please keep em coming! So as per usual... tell us who & what you're feeling? Who & what you're NOT feeling?... Keep it a 100 like always!

Until the Next Time...

From London 2 Lagos & Right Back x

24 comments:

  1. OMG Nate is such a babe! And at that concert when he was singing to that girl from DK! OMG!!!

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Leah you know this but who's this Keno broda then? He's sounding nice still lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Skales is on fire...
    And emm, only America is facing a creative recession... UK talent defo on the rise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dav!D... lmao! I wouldnt know but yeah if you mean his music then we CO-SIGN! Glad you feelin skales too... and hmmm so I take it Keno doesnt do it 4 ya then?

    and I'm still tryna fix up bout your initial concern (when I wrote this in my head, it was short, tight and crisp but alas, I hope its still crisp though!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Leah... thanks for comin thru & blessing the blog. where you at the concert? heard he murked it!

    @ Janelle... You're likin Keno? Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww bless this young talent!! I can definitely see a comparison to a young Craig David when he first came out back in early 2000. Can't believe he only is 18, he is really doing his thing!! If he continues the way he is going, he is going to have a great future ahead of him. Big up Chipmunk on the mixed messages track!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. skales is definitely tight.....not suprised one bit and from what i gather he is working on fixing that whole management issue.
    i see u r going very r n b this week....i am feeling young Nate,love the rhythm but he needs to actively work on creating his own niche so he doesnt end up in someone else's shadow!! since u r feeling r n b this week,you check out Naija'a Waje,Symun and Justina. i cant wait to hear what u have to say!! well done,good job!! ciao!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ SapphireChic... Thank you for your blessing! You're too right bout Skales & I do hope he gets decent management though! Yeah Nate'll definitely smack the scene and cos he's still quite young, he'll have that younger market easssyyy but I do get you bout the 'somebody else's shadow' problem. Can you point me in the right direction for these acts, I have heard Waje but not the other two.

    & @ Anonymous... I see you're feelin Young Nate! He's dope as heck! And Chippy is the truth too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45zXR895n4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45zXR895n4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this brova though!!! He was @ Promo last bank holiday, wasn't he???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nate's gorgeous alie?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yo bredrin who's this skales character though? His flow is quite the business but don't you think he sounds like a girl sometimes. Just my two pence family.

    Grave Ents

    ReplyDelete
  14. this jams are mad
    how do u come about them plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Kayleigh... I dunno mehn lol! But from what you girls are saying, he must be then!

    @ Grave Ents... I know I know, my cousin said that the other day still but we can't knock his hustle! He's decent still

    And how we come about them? Hmmm well we're in the constant pursuit of G.O.O.D Music, its a passion! BIG UP to This M.et.al Chic cos she does this too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. y r u people not showing keno love? his sound is very mature & me oh, i like it!

    yemi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ yemi... they just dont get it I think! I'm feelin 24/7, sorta stuff my woman and i can just relax to on this fine sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Young Nate-he's aight reminding me of Jagged Edge eh......but imo can he be the future??? thats a tall ask fam
    Skales is good, i fink if he goes on with his strat i.e. the beat, background vocals( who's the dude that did a good job of going John Legend on us lol feel the music...that dude is off tha richter) he might just scrape thru the next couple of years but like u said he has to step up his game (big time)...the bar keeps getting raised yh
    i just listened to a couple of songs from trybesmen's '99 album and Skales does not even step to the standard set 10 years ago!!!!...soz for him he might not grow fast enuff to blow
    Erm Keno- i won't have him on my ipod ('nuff said) i'll prolly listen to him on the radio or summin y'dig.....that said the never stop song was not half bad and if that is the unfinished fing'....bring the finished version on eh!
    my two cents fam

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ 'Demola... Thank you for those 2 cents! We love it lol! I dunno, I think Young Nate can pull it off... he's opening for the Lloyd/Marques Houston concert a couple weeks time, thats major movements you know.

    & Skales, well you said it fam, you said it! And that voice that you're talkin bout, we need to find him seriously lol! Well to be honest, not many people step up to trybesmen's 1999 album, NOT even eldee, KB & fr3 have reached that level since so that's a tall ask by any standard you get me.

    & Keno? I dunno why you guys aint feelin him, i reckon his style is quite nice, maybe a bit grown-up but still G.O.O.D.M.U.S.I.C!

    & @ Yemi & Damola... I'm glad someone in here appreciates Keno's music xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The young kid has got me wondering for real very dope music and sound.....what was with the calling of his name....nife approved still...

    now skales is my kind of guy and that was just from listening to feel tha music(the guy in the background was off the chains).....o and if skales wrote the lyrics to heading for a grammy....then he really might just be heading there....a lil bit cocky for 18, but i can dig the talent.....and yea you are right we didnt need the talking at the end....and o i could totally be his manager and rocket him to greatness....lol

    Keno.....r u kidding me that no one is feeling this dude?....i know people are entitled to their opinion, but guys are we all listening to the same guy? plus i heard his stuff before and i really think he has got it going....so keno if you see this....never stop doing what you do, grow at it and u will recieve whats coming your way, which is success....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yo I've been here only a few minutes and I am already diggin the feel and style of the blog... Keep up the good work guys

    KenO's music is different and he knows it. He does not try to conform, he wants to be free with his music; creating good music that is universal.

    Good Post.. Skales is good too... yet to listen to young Nate...

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ MolaOG... Thanks for peepin the blog! We do hope you return!

    You got Keno down to a tee right there. I think he makes that music that people can feel, no pigeon holes, no labels, jus music you get me.

    You should listen 2 Young but actually go one post up and listen 2 Symun, that dude is the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You guys are going to like this new group that I'm about to tell you about! Check 'em out! TRAVIS PORTER has an album coming out called "From Day 1" on the 29th of May, and you can now pre-order it on iTunes: http://bit.ly/K29XFf !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...