WE Plug 2 Y.O.U... JOONIE

What it do beautiful people? It’s been a minute and I apologize but I’m a 100 % sure you will forgive me after listening to the artist I am about to introduce you.

I’m a true R ‘n’ B head, from the likes of Teddy Pendergrass, Lionel Richie, Baby face, Maxwell and Joe, to name a few and I have often said that we have no true male R ‘n’ B artist in the business lately. Well I was wrong. Calvin “Joonie” Gary, Jr. better known by his stage name JOONIE proves to me that we still have some out there.


American singer, songwriter, arranger and musician Joonie, may not be so new to some of you. He recently toured with American Idol Elliot Yamin (I absolutely love him) and has paid his dues working behind the scenes writing, arranging, producing or playing instrumentals for other artists including, Ruben Studdard, Nappy Roots, Angie Stone and Mos Def (unreleased). Every song on his upcoming album, he produced himself. Anybody say TALENTED?

There is something so smooth about his voice. But before I go on talking, let me let you listen to him yourself….

Sunshine


Did you feel it? I bet you did. No female listening to this wasn’t easily transported into the arms of the man they love. Right? I love his voice, it’s so smooth, and it seems so heartfelt, so real. This is the kind of song for that special somebody, not just anybody. You get me? Sunshine is also featured in the BET Movie “I DO, I DID”

Not convinced yet? Listen to this then

Could you be?


This is my favorite track. I don’t know why? I guess I can relate to the question. Waiting on that one to ask me if I could be his, you know. Sigh. Again I love his voice, sounds so soulful. Who does he remind you of? Somewhere between Anthony Hamilton, Neyo, Ruben Studdard is Joonie, without really sounding like any one of them. In this day and age, it brings joy to my heart to hear such a unique voice.

So Fly


He is showing some versatility on this song. It’s a great song, you want to move to. Am I crazy to think you could hear this in a lounge? It has to be a really “cool” lounge. Like he himself says, “Each of my songs is like my child. I like to take time with each one, nurture it and guide it into maturity until it is ready to be shared. My goal is to create music that actually touches your soul, puts a smile on your face and makes you feel loved.”


Joonie's debut album “Acoustic Love” is out for release on the 27th of April. Color me excited, I am expecting a lot and I’m sure I would not be disappointed. The album is said to expresses his feelings about love and relationships and is explored from a very rare point of view in current popular music; one where romance exists and women are valued and appreciated.

We have deemed this G.O.O.D & REAL MUSIC. What do you think? Would love to hear your thoughts on this one guys. Personally cannot wait for his album on the 27th, make sure to cop yours as well.

Download Sunshine, Could You Be and two other tracks HERE

Until Next Time ...
Peace, Love & G.O.O.D Music!!!
Neefemi

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...